General Statement of Duties: An employee in this class functions as an AEMT potentially performing life-saving procedures, care and defensive driving in the delivery of EMS through the response and transporting of patients for TMT.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to yourself, your peers, and/or Management Team.
Responsibilities: Below is partial list of duties to establish an understanding of the basic responsibilities of this job and is not intended to be a full and complete representation of all duties that this job may require.
- Performs as an AEMT in response to needed patient care.
- Drives an emergency or non-emergency vehicle in the appropriate mode using defensive driving training techniques, if so trained and licensed to do so.
- Abides by the policies, procedures, and protocols of the company.
- Appearance, conduct, and attitude reflects a professional image in a caring manner at all times.
- Works cooperatively with other employees, health care personnel, patients, family members, etc..
- Completes required paperwork and documents appropriately and completely.
- Evaluates the vehicle and equipment daily to ensure cleanliness, safety and proper working order.
- Refrains from smoking in company vehicles, buildings, and refrains from smoking in other buildings and vehicles owned by others while representing the company. Also, adheres to all non-smoking areas within the public while on duty or in uniform.
- Reports accidents, problems, incidents, failed equipment or vehicles, worker’s compensation injuries, etc to the company immediately.
- Completes required training and education to keep certifications and requirements for this job class current.
- Attends in-services, run report reviews and other quality assurance activities.
- Participates in public relation activities as it pertains to the company or EMS.
- Completes inventory of vehicles and equipment as required on a daily basis.
- Completes special tasks that pertain to the operation of the company or its improvements.
- Ensures that TMT is meeting and/or exceeding all local, state and federal requirements, relevant to job class.
- Must be able to lift 125lbs independently and/or 250lbs with partner during transports in accordance with State of Tennessee law.
- Provides written reports to supervisor and/or management staff as necessary or required.
- Promotes TMT marketing strategies consistent with the marketing plan in all aspects personal and professional.
- Works closely with all employees, supervisors, managers, and other departments to enhance TMT strategies.
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and workshops to enhance personal knowledge in all aspects of TMT lines of business.
- Always displays conduct becoming of a TMT staff member.
- Performs other functions other functions as necessary and/or required by TMT Management Team.